9 Claremon Street, Somerville, MA
Our 2007-2008 project house is a 1885 Victorian style house. At some point in its lifetime it was converted from a single family into a two family then to a three family house. During the deconstruction phase we discovered that within the first twenty years of the home’s existence, a window in the mansard roof was removed and a third story added to the back part of the house. It was at this point it was converted into a two family home. Later , we don’t know when, is when it was converted into a three family home. We are converting it to a three unit condominium. It is a 10 minute walk to the Davis Square Red Line and a few blocks to the Minuteman Bike Path. It’s on a low traffic street. There is a large driveway with a two car garage. There is enough room to park a car in front of the garage door and get out of the driveway without having to move any other
The first unit is a sunny 3 bedroom, 1and 3/4 baths with 1070 square feet. It has 5 rooms. Every surface has been restored. We replaced all the woodwork with a moulding profile consistent with that period of architecture. We restored the front façade and porch with their original Victorian details.
The second unit is slightly smaller at 1023 square feet. It also has five rooms with 3 bedrooms and 1 and 3/4 baths. There is a full size laundry in the unit. There is rear stair access to the basement, driveway and backyard.
The third unit is also 1023 square feet. It has 5 rooms. There are three bedrooms and 1 and 3/4 bathrooms. The full
bath has a skylight. There is also a full size laundry in the unit. There is rear stair access to the cellar, driveway and backyard
- Super efficient NEW Central Air.
- Super efficient NEW heat and water systems with icynene insulation for low utility bills.
- NEW windows.
- NEW 100 Amp electric service. ALL wiring is new with three outlets and a switched light in every room.
- NEW plumbing from the ground up.
- All replaced walls and ceilings done with plaster (no sheetrock)
- Huge open-plan Chefs’ kitchen with granite and butcher block counters.
- Mahogany breakfast bar
- All stainless GE Profile appliances.
- Tile baths with Kohler fixtures.
- Bedrooms have good closets with switched lighting.
- Antique fir floors.
- antique wide plank pine floors.