Our 2005-2006 project house is a 1901 Queen Anne Philadelphia split style house. The architecture is a combonation Victorian of the late Queen Anne period and the Shingle style that became popular with builders around the turn of the century. The gambrel front gable adds a lot of room to the third floor. We are converting it from a two family house to a two unit condominium but with no changes to the layout. It’s a great layout as-is. It is a 7 minute walk to Davis Square Red Line and two blocks to the Minuteman Bike Path. It’s on a very low traffic street in a kid friendly neighborhood.
The first unit is a sunny 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath with 1450 square feet. It has 5 rooms (including one bedroom) on first floor and 2 bedrooms on the second floor. Every surface has been restored. We saved the Victorian proportions and Greek revival details on the interior, including high ceilings, oak and fir millwork, built-in oak hutch and stained glass entry. We restored the front façade and porches with their original shingle style and Greek revival details. There is a private rear deck off of the kitchen and off-street deeded parking for one car.
The second unit has all the same good stuff but is bigger. It’s an 8 room, 4 bedroom with 1.5 baths. It has private front and back porches. It also has a deeded garden with a brick patio in the back yard. Other features are a decorative fireplace, pocket doors, French doors and a window seat bay. We put a laundry on the 3rd floor with all the bedrooms. There is also one deeded parking spot next to the garden.
- Central Air
- NEW, fully insulated from top to bottom
- High efficiency NEW heat and water systems with icynene insulation for low utility bills
- NEW Energy Star windows
- NEW 100 Amp electric service. ALL wiring is new with at least three outlets and a switched light in every room
- NEW plumbing from the ground up
- All replaced interior trim remade new from the original Victorian patterns
- All replaced walls and ceilings done with plaster (no sheetrock)
- Chefs’ kitchen with granite and butcher block counters
- Mahogany breakfast bar
- All stainless GE Profile appliances with 3-year warranty
- New laundry room on the first floor
- Tiled full bath with Kohler fixtures
- All bedrooms have good closets with switched lighting
- Original Antique fir floors in all rooms
- All separate water, electric and gas with shutoffs and control in the unit
- Basement storage is approx. 500 square feet per unit and divided for private access.