Our 2008-2009 project house is a 1895 Philadelphia style house. It is an 11 minute walk to the Davis Square Red Line via the Minuteman Bike Path which is located 2 blocks away. It’s a 3 minute walk to the Ball Square future T stop. It’s on a low traffic street. There is off street parking.
The first unit is a sunny 2 bedroom, 1and 1/2 baths with 1300 square feet. It has 5 rooms. Every surface has been restored. We restored all the existing woodwork and replicated the woodwork where new construction was added. The unit has high ceilings and pocket doors. We restored the front facade and porch. There is also a rear porch and yard.
The second unit is larger at 2000 square feet. It has seven rooms with 3 bedrooms and 2 and 1/2 baths. The unit has high ceilings, pocket doors and a stained glass window in the front hallway. The laundry hook-up is in the unit. There is rear stair access to the cellar, driveway and backyard. There are porches on the front and back.
- Central Air
- NEW, fully insulated from top to bottom
- High efficiency NEW heat and water systems with icynene insulation for low utility bills
- NEW Energy Star windows
- NEW 100 Amp electric service. ALL wiring is new with at least three outlets and a switched light in every room
- NEW plumbing from the ground up
- All replaced interior trim remade new from the original patterns
- All replaced walls and ceilings done with plaster (no sheetrock)
- Chefs’ kitchen with granite and butcher block counters
- Mahogany breakfast bar
- All stainless GE Profile appliances with 3-year warranty
- Laundry room located in unit
- Tiled full bath with Kohler fixtures
- All bedrooms have good closets with switched lighting
- Original Antique fir floors in all rooms
- All separate water, electric and gas utilities
- Basement storage is approx. 500 square feet per unit and divided for private access.
Unit 1 Pictures
Unit 2 Pictures