30-32 Pearson Ave., Somerville, MA.
Our 2006-2007 project house is a 1905 Queen Anne style house. The architecture is transitional Victorian of the late Queen Anne period into the Shingle style that became popular in the late nineteenth century. At some point in its lifetime it was converted from a two family Philadelphia style house to a three family house. We are converting it to a three unit condominium. It is a 10 minute walk to Davis Square Red Line and one block to the Minuteman Bike Path. It’s on a low traffic
The first unit is a sunny 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath with 1020 square feet. It has 5 rooms. Every surface has been restored. We replaced all the woodwork with a moulding profile consistent with that period of architecture. We also restored the stained glass window and the pocket doors between the front and back parlors. We restored the front façade and porches with their original shingle style details. There is a private rear deck off of the kitchen.
The second unit is slightly smaller at 980 square feet. It also has five rooms with 2 bedrooms and 1.5 baths. It has private front and back porches. It also has a stained glass window and pocket doors. The unit has a laundry in the unit. There is rear stair access to the cellar, driveway and backyard.
The third unit, although the smallest at 910 square feet, feels spacious with a dining/family room that has cathedral ceilings and 2 sky lights. The unit has 4 rooms, a large bathroom and a laundry in the unit. There are 2 bedrooms one of which has a walk-in closet. There is also a private rear deck off of the kitchen. There is rear stair access to the cellar, driveway and
- Super efficient NEW Central Air.
- Super efficient NEW heat and water systems with icynene insulation for low utility bills.
- NEW windows.
- NEW 125 Amp electric service. ALL wiring is new with three outlets and a switched light in every room.
- NEW plumbing from the ground up.
- All replaced walls and ceilings done with plaster (no sheetrock)
- Huge open-plan Chefs’ kitchen with granite and butcher block counters.
- Mahogany breakfast bar
- All stainless GE Profile appliances.
- Tile baths with Kohler fixtures.
- Bedrooms have good closets with switched lighting.
- Antique fir floors